Friday, November 24, 2006

1983


1. L'argent (Robert Bresson)
2. Nostalghia (Andrei Tarkovsky)
3. The King of Comedy (Martin Scorsese)
4. Scarface (Brian De Palma)
5. And the Ship Sails On (Federico Fellini)
6. Pauline at the Beach (Eric Rohmer)
7. Rumble Fish (Francis Ford Coppola)
8. Zelig (Woody Allen)
9. Videodrome (David Cronenberg)
10. Tender Mercies (Bruce Beresford)

Honorable Mentions:
Three Crowns of the Sailor (Raoul Ruiz), Confidentially Yours (Francois Truffaut), Return of the Jedi (Richard Marquand), Voyage in Time (Andrei Tarkovsky and Tonino Guerra), The Osterman Weekend (Sam Peckinpah), Monty Python's Meaning of Life (Terry Jones and Terry Gilliam), Farewell To Matyora (Elem Klimov), Local Hero (Bill Forsyth), WarGames (John Badham), The Dead Zone (David Cronenberg)

2 Comments:

At 5:10 AM, Blogger Doctor Lao said...

"You had me and then you lost me."
Frank Sinatra, THE SINATRA GROUP

I had to look at this several times to make sure I wasn't seeing things. You have a grand, unsnobbish mixture of high-and-lowbrow classics throughout the list. So, I gotta know, why do SCARFACE, VIDEODROME, RETURN OF THE JEDI, and WARGAMES get 1983 kudos, but nothing for THE RIGHT STUFF?

Clue me in.

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Clint said...

For the simple reason that I haven't yet seen THE RIGHT STUFF.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home